Saturday, July 9, 2011

Things you should not say to someone after they've experienced a Loss. . .

March 6, 2011

After someone has a Miscarriage, these are the things they don't want to hear, OR if they are experiencing fertility problems.

1. "Don't worry you guys will have one, when the time is right!"

2. "Just go home and have lots of fun trying again!"

3. "When god thinks your Readddddy for a baby, he'll give you one."

4. "Throw away your fertility books, and charts, and get a bottle of booze, that's how I had all my kids!"

5. (Week after) "So you're okay now right? Everythings cool???..."

6. "I had a miscarriage too, and trust me it will never get better."

My one that really got to me:

"Are you guys going to try again??"
me: Nope
"Well you guys should keep trying!! When the times right you'll have one, you just need to get some booze and relax!!"
me: Well let's see we've tried for an entire year & 2 months and if that doesn't seem long to your insensitive ass, that 14 cycles of having a period that the Pregnancy test was negative. Oh and we've had a Miscarriage in between all of that, and I'm not discussing anymore of my personal business w/you, because obviously you can't/and won't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment